In this presentation, Jennifer Rose and Fernando Mederos explore working with families who have experienced domestic violence and remain in contact.
As you watch this presentation, please consider the following questions.
- What is a victim defined advocacy approach?
- How is it the same or different than traditional advocacy for leaving?
- How does advocacy beyond leaving support safety for the victim of the abuse and children?
- How do we engage fathers who are still in contact?
- How do we assess for risk and safety?
- What approaches promote healthy engagement with fathers who have been abusive?
- Can you give examples of how this approach might change your work with women, children or men?